Free to enter family competition
Share your love of the Lakes and win a family adventure
Win a Lake District family adventure
This competition has now closed. Thank you for your entries. Judging will commence, and the winner will be announced in due course.
To celebrate English Tourism Week and the launch of our new Perfect Escapes brochure, we are searching for a Lake District loving family to review a free holiday in the heart of this World Heritage Site. What our customers think matters, which is why we are on the lookout for our first ever ‘Family Feedback Champion’. The successful entrant will be offered a coveted position as an honorary ambassador for our family-owned business. Their reward for sharing their adventure across social media channels will be a complementary 3 or 4-night stay at one of our holiday parks and tickets for our two iconic Lake District attractions – Ullswater ‘Steamers’ and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.
Our family feedback champion could be a family of five with small lively children or an older single traveller exploring with their four-legged friend. We’ve been helping families discover this world-class destination for more than eighty years and we want to hear from everyone, recognising that ‘family’ means different things to us all. We believe that there is no better time to launch the competition than during English Tourism Week, a national celebration highlighting the diverse, exciting and vibrant tourism experiences on offer in the country’s leading visitor destinations.
How to enter this UK holiday competition
All that’s needed to enter is a genuine love for exploring the Lake District and an enthusiasm for sharing your experiences using an inspiring mix of words, photos and smartphone videos on your social media platforms. If you’re happy to be photographed and willing to provide a short review of your trip, we’d love to hear from you! Simply read the terms and conditions below and then fill in the online form underneath before 5pm on Thursday April 20th. The ultimate winner will be chosen by a judging panel.
If you would like to provide photographs and/or social media links to support your entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including the name you used on your entry form.
- Family Feedback Champion Competition Terms and Conditions
Promotor: Lake District Estates, Maudlands, 13 Maude St, Kendal LA9 4QD
- Entries open at 9am on 20th March 2023 and will close at 5pm on 20th April 2023.
- Any entries received before or after these dates will not be considered.
- This competition is open to UK residents, at least one member of the family must be over 18.
- Entries must be made using the official online entry form, supplementary evidence may be submitted by email. One entry per family group only.
- No employees of Lake District Estates, or their families, are eligible to enter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter, Lake District Estates has the right to withdraw the offer at any time without notice.
- By entering the competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the company.
- The competition process is as follows: the title of ‘Family Feedback Champions’ will be awarded to one lucky entrant following an internal decision process in which 20 entries will be shortlisted. These will then be presented to a panel of judges who will decide on the overall winner.
- The decision will be final and no further correspondence about it will be entered into.
- The successful family will receive a short break at one of Lake District Estates’ holiday parks and tickets for the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and Ullswater ‘Steamers’. Lake District Estates’ standard booking T&Cs apply. The prize does not include travel costs, transport during the holiday, food and drink, personal expenditure, incidental costs or added extras.
- The prizes are as stated, and no cash or alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable and are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The competition winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the successful applicant or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The successful entrant will be expected to provide Lake District Estates with photographs and a short (200 word minimum) review of their holiday experience. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images submitted have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe copyright laws. Copyright of any images and written content submitted remains with the successful entrant but they must grant an irrevocable, perpetual licence to Lake District Estates to feature any or all of the submitted images and content across their website, social channels and any additional marketing material produced by the company.
- The successful entrant will be notified within a week of the final judging decision, and all reasonable endeavours will be made to contact them during this time. If a winning entrant cannot be contacted or is not available, Lake District Estates reserves the right to select an alternative shortlisted entrant.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to support your entry with photos and/or social media links. (Please include the name you use on the entry form above.)