Lake District Estates, Kendal
Kendal LA9 4QD
Position: Part to Full time – negotiable for the successful candidate (c. 24-35hrs)
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Location: Working in Kendal Central Support Office
Rate: £13-14 per hour
About the Job
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Executive Assistant to join our fantastic team at our central support office in Kendal. In this key role, you will provide administrative support to the Chairman, Chief Executive, and Head of Finance and must have demonstrable experience of working as a personal/executive assistant within a small to medium sized business.
You will have excellent negotiating and influencing skills, be well organised, adaptable, proactive, and be skilled at prioritising and planning effectively and with flexibility, to meet deadlines. In addition to this, you will have further experience of diary and email management for more than one senior manager and experience of preparing for, and taking minutes in, board meetings. You will be required to develop a good understanding of our individual of businesses, as well as the dynamics of the group, and will have heightened emotional intelligence, allowing you to deal effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
The role will be based at the company’s head office in Kendal, although there will be times when it is necessary to visit the various business locations throughout Cumbria.
Summary Job Description
The Executive Assistant, will provide support to the senior executives with duties and responsibilities to include, although not be limited to:
• Administrative tasks for the Chief Executive, including diary and email management.
• Diary and email management for the Chairman and Head of Finance as required.
• Assisting with internal and external communications on behalf of the CEO to relevant stakeholders.
• Consulting with senior management to receive quarterly board reports, as well as proof-reading and collating all reports for distribution to the board.
• Consulting with board members re board papers pre and post meetings.
• The production of timely board papers and subsequent minutes.
• Taking, attending, and then distributing minutes for board meetings (4 per year) and notes for management (4 per year) and leadership meeting (8 per year).
• Preparing, in conjunction with department managers, board papers for distribution to the Directors.
• Organising venues and agendas and consulting with invitees for Board, Management and Leadership meetings.
• Leading on small projects or taking part in projects on behalf of the company
• Assisting the People and Support Services Manager and undertaking any other tasks required from time to time which may contribute towards the successful operation of the Company.
The role reports directly to the Chief Executive but will take guidance and support from the People and Support Services Manager.
Essential skills and experience are:
• A high level of IT proficiency including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams, with data visualisation skills an advantage.
• Good organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure and towards tight deadlines.
• An elevated level of attention to detail, be adept at proof reading and ensuring context is appropriate for the intended recipient.
• The personal flexibility to attend all board, management and leadership meetings which may not always fit into a traditional 9am to 5pm timescale and may involve travel time before/after these times to/from the venue if it is not in Kendal.
• The ability to understand and adapt to the different personality types of all stakeholders.
• The ability to prioritise and effectively reduce senior executives’ workloads by dealing with relevant tasks personally.
• A high degree of integrity and confidentiality in all matters.
• Enthusiasm and energy.
• Previous experience in a similar role of trust.
Please send your CV and covering letter to People & Support Services Manager, Rachel Mather email@example.com