Woodclose Park, Kirkby Lonsdale
Grounds Maintenance Operative
About the Job
The Grounds Maintenance Operative will engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance of the site, including grass cutting, strimming, gardening and general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is well presented at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Grounds Maintenance Operative’s duties and responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- A wide range of tasks connected with the maintenance of the site and pitches, including grass cutting, strimming, gardening, and more general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is always attractive and well-presented.
- Assisting with the delivery of bottled gas and other operational activities as required.
- Always delivering a high standard of customer service
- Working in a safe manner, raising any health & safety concerns immediately
The Grounds Maintenance Operative will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and will no have no direct reports.
Hours of Work
Depending on the role, you will be contracted to work either 20 or 40 hours per week on a flexible basis. This means that your days and hours of work could vary each week and will be advised in advance by rota. Your working hours will include some weekends and public / bank holidays on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Previous experience in a similar role and of using machinery, mowers, strimmers etc
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- An appreciation of the need for high quality and excellent customer service.
- A full, clean driving licence
- Wage: £8.91 per hour
- Contract Types:
- Fixed term, full time to 31st October 2021 (there may be a possibility to extend)
- Fixed term, part time to 31st October 2021 (there may be a possibility to extend)
- Holiday: 28 working days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of statutory public holidays
- A series of staff discounts and benefits available across our group of businesses.
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
About Woodclose Park
This beautiful and award-winning park is set in the valley of the River Lune near Kirkby Lonsdale and offers holiday home ownership for both caravans and lodges, touring and a mix of glamping and self-catering accommodation.
About Lake District Estates
Established over 80 years ago, Lake District Estates is a leading leisure and property business in Cumbria. Amongst its portfolio are: two of the region’s leading visitor attractions - Ullswater Steamers and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway, a collection of Peter Rabbit & Friends retail shops, a residential letting portfolio, 6 holiday parks and a holiday marina village.