- Business: Lake District Estates – Tewitfield Marina
- Location: Tewitfield, Carnforth
- Terms: Permanent Part-Time
- Hours: 16 ½ hours per week
- Pay: £9.00 per hour
- Applications: Applications should be made by submitting your CV and covering letter to Marina Manager, Julie Bolland firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job
We require an enthusiastic, experienced, and versatile individual to join our busy team to help deliver the maintenance requirements of the marina, from holiday accommodation units to amenity buildings and grounds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending to maintenance requirements across the site, holiday accommodation, communal areas, and grounds.
- Completing planned maintenance work
- Resolving reported / call-out maintenance issues
- Ensuring that work undertaken or not completed is appropriately recorded via job-book and communicated effectively with colleagues and guests as required.
- Recognising and rectifying any health and safety issues
- Spraying and applying pesticides. (training provided as required)
- Maintaining all machinery and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Reporting all breakages, breakdowns, and damage to the Maintenance Manager
- Undertaking any other tasks as required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company and to successful teamwork at Tewitfield Marina.
Hours of Work
You will be contracted to work 16 ½ hours per week on a flexible basis. This means that your days and hours of work could vary each week and will be advised in advance by rota. As the Marina is open all year round, your working hours will include some weekends and public / bank holidays and Christmas and / or New Year on a rota basis.
- Practical working knowledge and experience in general maintenance and grounds upkeep
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
We place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members. Our health and safety measures are constantly monitored to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 in line with any changes to Government guidelines.
About Lake District Estates
Lake District Estates is a family-owned company based in Kendal providing activities in and around the Lake District National Park. Within the group of businesses, we manage and operate 6 caravan/lodge parks providing ownership and a wide range of self-catering and glamping holidays; Tewitfield Marina holiday complex with self-catering accommodation and moorings; five stand-alone retail outlets trading as Peter Rabbit & Friends plus our online shop The Veg Patch; and two heritage visitor attractions - Ullswater 'Steamers' and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway.
About Tewitfield Marina
Tewitfield Marina is home to a collection of one, two and three-bedroom apartments offering beautiful views of the Lancaster Canal, most overlooking the Marina with their own private balcony/terrace. We also have 56 moorings for canal boats and cruisers.