Lake District Estates - Coronavirus Update 12th May

Accessibility links

Coronavirus Update 12th May

As you are aware, Lake District Estates took the decision on Sunday 22nd March to temporarily close all of the Caravan Parks and Marina Park to ALL holiday makers and home owners until the end of April. Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway and Ullswater Steamers closed on Friday 20th March and Peter Rabbit retail shops closed on Monday 23rd March. 

The UK Government closed all Caravan Parks and banned all non-essential travel on Monday 23rd March. This included travel and still does to and from holiday homes. The health and wellbeing of our visitors, our colleagues and suppliers are of utmost importance to us and we must play our part in stopping the spread of the virus. We thank you for your continued support and understanding in these difficult and uncertain times.

We will continue to publish updates on our website and social media pages.

We have provided as much info as possible in our FAQ’s below to help with different scenarios, these contain all the information and instructions for current and future holiday bookings. Please visit and for latest updates on ticket sales from 3rd July.

We appreciate your patience at this time and thank you for your consideration.

Can I make a booking with you?

 We are currently not accepting any new holiday bookings before 3rd July  2020. You can make a booking with us for holidays after 4th June if you wish to. Please note if you do make a booking and the COVID-19 situation has changed you will not be charged an administration fee to transfer your booking to a later date or you can request a refund. Bookings are open for the 2021 season. 

 I have a booking with you, commencing between June 4th and July 3rd 2020, can I still go? 

 In light of a staged release to the current lockdown situation announced on Sunday 10th May by the UK Government. We have taken the decision to contact all holidaymakers booked with us between  4th June and 3rd July. Please bear with us whilst we contact you in person.

We will gladly transfer any deposit paid onto a future booking at any of our Parks on holidays booked and taken before 31st December 2021. We will also offer a 10% discount off the full holiday cost (up to a maximum of £150) if you choose to stay with us before 31st December 2020.  Booking are open for 2021 season at 2020 prices. 

 If you wish to transfer your holiday to 2021, we will keep your total holiday cost at the current 2020 prices for the same period around key holiday dates in the 2021 calender. A 10% transferrable deposit is required with total balance payable 4 weeks before your holiday date. No further discounts will be available for 2021 at this time.

 Alternatively we will offer a full refund on any monies paid. The choice will be yours. 

 If you transfer my June booking to a later date and the price of the holiday is different, what happens?

 We appreciate your support by transferring your June booking to a different date in 2020 season and not cancelling, you are helping to support the tourism industry. We have laid out some examples below if the new date is more or less expensive than the original booking.

 If the original holiday cost was £500 and the transferred holiday cost is £700. The difference to pay is £700 – 10% discount = £630. Balance to pay is £130.

 If the original holiday cost was £700 and the transferred holiday cost is £500. The difference to pay is £500 – 10% discount = £450. Balance to refund back to you is £250.

 Alternatively we will offer a full refund on any monies paid. The choice will be yours.

 I have a booking with you commencing after 3rd July 2020, what should I do?

 If your holiday is due to start after 3rd July  2020 there is still plenty of time for you to see how circumstances change. Our standard terms and conditions apply. We will adhere to Government guidance and monitor the situation weekly.

 I am a holiday home owner, when can I return to my holiday home?

 Our holiday owners will be welcomed back to our Parks as soon as it is safe and Government guidance allows us to re-open the Park. We will be in contact with all of our home owners individually by email or telephone. The Government lockdown has been reviewed and as a consequence, the Park will remain closed to holiday home owners until the 3rd July. Holiday Home owners will be considered first if we can get some clarification for your early return. Please do not visit your holiday home, the Parks remain closed under UK Government advice. 

We are experiencing a high level of enquiries relating to advanced bookings including via social media, telephone calls and web chat.  If you have any questions or queries relating to your booking or visiting the parks, we are currently prioritising enquiries and contacting those customers with reservations in the next 14 days. We are referring other enquiries to our customer services department, please email; We will endeavour to reply within 48 hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

 We will of course update this statement to reflect the most up to date government advice.

We appreciate your help, understanding and support. Please stay safe and heed Government advice about social distancing and self-isolation.




Tuesday 12th of May 2020

Back to Latest News

Sign up to our Newsletter   Keep up to date with the latest news and offers Subscribe