Lake District Estates - Coronavirus Update 24th March

Accessibility links

Coronavirus Update 24th March

Lake District Estates took the decision on Sunday 22nd March to temporarily close all of the Caravan Parks and Marina Park to ALL holiday makers and home owners until the end of April. Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway and Ullswater Steamers closed on Friday 20th March until further notice and Peter Rabbit retail shops closed on Monday 23rd March until further notice.

The health and wellbeing of our visitors, our colleagues and suppliers are of utmost importance to us and we must play our part in stopping the spread of the virus. We thank you for your continued support and understanding in these difficult and uncertain times.

Please be assured, we are continually reviewing the situation and it may be that we need to extend our Park opening period at some point in the next few weeks. We will continue to publish updates on our website and social media pages.

We have provided as much info as possible in our FAQ’s below to help with different scenarios, these contain all the information and instructions for current and future holiday bookings. Please visit and for latest updates on ticket sales from 4th June.

We appreciate your patience at this time and thank you for your consideration.

Can I make a booking with you?

We are currently not accepting any new holiday bookings before 4th June 2020. You can make a booking with us for holidays after 4th June if you wish to. Please note if you do make a booking and the COVID-19 situation has changed you will not be charged an administration fee to transfer your booking to a later date or you can request a refund.

I have a booking with you, commencing between May 1st and June 4th 2020, can I still go?

Government advice is constantly being updated, we will be in touch with you if the Park remains closed beyond the end of April. We will gladly transfer any deposit paid onto a future booking at any of our Parks on holidays booked and taken before 31st December 2021. We will also offer a 10% discount off the full holiday cost (up to a maximum of £150).  Alternatively we will offer a full refund on any monies paid. The choice will be yours.

I have a booking with you commencing after June 4th 2020, what should I do?

If your holiday is due to start after 4th June 2020 there is still plenty of time for you to see how circumstances change. Our standard terms and conditions apply.

We are experiencing a high level of enquiries relating to advanced bookings including via social media, telephone calls and web chat.  If you have any questions or queries relating to your booking or visiting the parks, we are currently prioritising enquiries and contacting those customers with reservations in the next 14 days. We are referring other enquiries to our customer services department, please email; We will endeavour to reply within 48 hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We will of course update this statement to reflect the most up to date government advice.

We appreciate your help, understanding and support. Please stay safe and heed Government advice about social distancing and self-isolation.

Tuesday 24th of March 2020

Back to Latest News

Sign up to our Newsletter   Keep up to date with the latest news and offers Subscribe