Free to enter competition
Nominate Your Local Community Hero
This competition has now closed. Thank you for your entries. The judging is underway.
Nominate Your Local Community Hero
Do you know someone who deserves a reward for having a positive impact on their local community? Lake District Estates is inviting people to help us celebrate the contribution of individuals to Cumbria, by nominating their local hero (with a CA or LA postcode) who has made a significant difference to their community. The winner, decided by representatives from Lake District Estates and Cumbria Community Foundation, will be rewarded with a luxury ‘Cream Tea on the Move’ gift experience for two people at the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.
If you know an individual who has really gone the extra mile to help others in their local area, nominate them today to give them a chance to receive the recognition they deserve. It could be a local hero who has shown bravery, prowess in fundraising, sporting achievement, or innovation or has given up their free time to help a charity or one particular individual, or something else entirely. A prize could be the perfect way to thank them for their efforts.
By launching this competition, we aim to honour local unsung heroes whilst giving back to the community, a core value which is so important here at Lake District Estates. We are delighted to be working with Cumbria Community Foundation on this initiative and welcome trustee, Glenys Marriott, to our judging panel. Cumbria Community Foundation is an independent award-winning grant-making charity dedicated to meeting the needs of our communities by assisting the work of charities and community organisations as well as supporting individuals in Cumbria.
"Given the size of the county and the sparsity of population, volunteering plays a crucial role in both community life and the sustainability of many organisations. These awards are a great way of recognising and rewarding the work happening to make our community a nicer place to live and we are hoping many people to want to show their thanks by nominating someone that makes a difference in their area."
The local community hero will be chosen by a judging panel made up of Cumbria Community Foundation trustee, Glenys Marriott, and Lake District Estates’ Head of Marketing and Business Development, Rachel Bell, and Digital Marketing Coordinator, Ben McGregor, who himself took home the accolade of 'Unsung Hero' at the Cumbria Tourism Awards 2023.
The lucky winner will receive a luxury ‘Cream Tea on the Move’ gift experience for two people at the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Step aboard elegant carriage 'Director Saloon Ruth' for a return steam journey on one of the UK’s oldest and most spectacular scenic narrow-gauge railway lines, through the dramatic landscapes of the Western Lake District.
Our 'Cream Tea on the Move’ experience is just one of many memorable experiences and monetary gift vouchers we offer, which range from heritage railway and lake cruise days out to self-catering breaks at one of our holiday parks or marina complex.
You can see the full range of gift experiences here, all perfect if you are looking to treat someone special or need some Christmas gift inspiration.
How to enter
We know that many people work selflessly to make Cumbria a better place and that’s why we’re delighted to launch our ‘Nominate Your Local Community Hero’ competition. Nominations are now open and people are invited, via our online entry form below, to tell us as much information as possible about their ‘local hero’ and why they deserve to win our competition. Remember, your nomination must be a local resident with a CA or LA postcode.
Further information to support entries, such as photographs and social media/news article links can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly referencing the name the entry was submitted in.
Entries close at 5pm on Thursday 16th November. Terms and conditions apply. Please see below.
- Nominate Your Local Community Hero 2023 Terms and Conditions
Promotor: Lake District Estates
Address: Maudlands, 13 Maude St, Kendal LA9 4QD
- Nominations open at 9am on 16th October 2023 and will close at 5pm on 16th November 2023. Any nominations received before or after these dates will not be considered. No responsibility can be taken for lost or delayed nominations.
- This competition is open for nominations of UK residents over the age of 18 with a CA or LA postcode.
- Nominations must be made using the official online entry form (supplementary evidence may be submitted by email to email@example.com).
- No employees of Lake District Estates, or their families, are eligible to be nominated.
- No purchase is necessary to submit a nomination, Lake District Estates has the right to withdraw the offer at any time without notice.
- By entering the competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the company.
- The competition process is as follows: the title of ‘Local Community Hero’ will be awarded to one lucky nominee following an internal decision process in which up to 10 entries will be shortlisted. These will then be presented to a panel of judges who will decide on the overall winner.
- The decision will be final and no further correspondence about the decision will be entered into.
- The competition winner will receive a a luxury ‘Cream Tea on the Move’ gift experience for two people at the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Lake District Estates’ standard booking T&Cs. The prize does not include travel costs, additional food and drink, personal expenditure, incidental costs or added extras. Please note that the railway has seasonal opening periods and the winner’s prize must be taken during these times.
- The prizes are as stated, and no cash or alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable and are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The competition winner and the person that nominates them agree to the use of their names and images in any publicity material, as well as their entry information. Any personal data relating to the successful applicant or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The competition winner will be notified within a week of the final judging decision, and all reasonable endeavours will be made to contact them during this time. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, Lake District Estates reserves the right to select an alternative shortlisted nominee.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.