Let's go on an adventure
Why you should go Glamping in 2019
Glamping has been growing in popularity over the past few years, and in 2019 it is more popular than ever. For those who recoil at the thought of camping, yet still yearn to feel the wind in their hair, then glamping is your ideal solution.
With more choice than ever too, travellers can choose to stay in virtually any type of accommodation they can think of. The most common of the glamping getaways is the tried and tested ‘glamping pod’, however, Hive Cabins, Safari Tents and much more can offer that perfect base camp we all dream of stumbling across.
As well as a huge choice of places to stay, glamping also has the added benefit of having everything set up for you on arrival. With half the hard work of traditional camping, and all the fresh air you could want, it’s pretty hard not to want to try it out if you haven’t already.
Glampers often get the best scenery too, so if you like lake views or quite secluded clearings, then you might want to check out some of our sites at Waterfoot, Woodclose, or Hill of Oaks. These parks are fantastic for either bringing the kids along for a family holiday, or just a loved one for a romantic getaway.
The famous Lake District weather won’t interfere either, as watching the scenery listening to raindrops in a dry spacious Pod, Safari Tent, or Hive is a great way to spend a rainy day without having to don the waterproofs. Our favourite thing to do however, is to have a BBQ on the go and a cold drink in hand on a warm summer’s day.
So, if glamping sounds like it’s for you – you need to make sure you pack some essentials. We’ve put a list down below to get you started thinking about what you should bring with you. It is not an exhaustive list, but it will get you into the adventurous mood!
You should bring:
- Warm Waterproof Clothing
- Slippers/thick socks
- Hot water bottle
- Picnic Blanket
- Outside blankets
- Insect repellent/candles (citronella candles)
- Map & Compass (fairly well connected, but you never know)
In short, glamping is a fantastic trending holiday option for anyone who wants lots of choice, a cosy bed, and something a little different for their 2019 vacation. You can bring the family and some friends along for a lot of fun. If you would like to try a glamping holiday at one of our Parks click the links below to find out more.
- Waterfoot: A gorgeously secluded Park overlooking Ullswater and nearby Pooley Bridge. There are some stunning walks and activities nearby like the Ullswater 'Steamers'. The Park has both Glamping Pods and Hive Cabins with dog friendly options for both, so it can offer the ideal holiday no matter who you want to bring along.
- Woodclose: Based just outside of the historical town of Kirkby Lonsdale, Woodclose Park is a beautifully laid out park with its own Glamping Pod field towards the back. Often full of delicious smells from BBQs and lots of laughter, it's a cult favourite with our customers
- Hill of Oaks: For a luxury lakeside view, or a secluded woodland setting, Hill of Oaks is perfect. With both Glamping Pods and huge new Safari Tents for 2019, you can be as adventurous as you like!
We hope to welcome you to one of our Parks in 2019!