Clea Hall Holiday Park, Westward, near Wigton, Cumbria
Bar Staff | The Tavern Bar
Bar staff, The Tavern Bar | Clea Hall Holiday Park
Business: Clea Hall Holiday Park, Westward, near Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 8NQ | Part of Lake District Estates
Terms: Permanent, part-time hours: 16 per week
Hours: Weekends, night shifts and holidays
Pay: £10.62 an hour
Applications: Applications should be made by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job
Working within a small but strong team at Clea Hall Holiday Park, the successful applicant will provide a welcoming and efficient bar service and will assist the Clea Hall team in providing a positive and friendly experience for all guests. They will also be responsible for closing the bar in the evenings, including lock up.
This is a varied role with key responsibilities being, but not limited to:
- Greet, interact and attend to customers, providing high-quality service while taking beverage orders from customers and serving drinks requested in a timely manner.
- Follow all requirements and policies of the bar and ensure that licensing laws are adhered to, including checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers.
- Balancing cash receipts and maintenance of the cash register, including end-of-day cashing up.
- Keeping a well-stocked bar, adhering to stock rotation in order of date and assisting the Park Manager with the ordering and storage of food, beverages and other supplies.
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment, including performance of end-of-day duties.
- Ensuring you liaise and keep your line manager up to date with any problems and follow up when necessary.
- At all times working in a safe manner, complying will all food and beverage regulations and raising any health and safety concerns immediately with your line manager. Also, be aware at all times of the health and safety of our customers and any other persons on site.
- To undertake any other tasks required from time to time which may contribute towards the successful operation of the park.
The successful applicant will report to the manager of Clea Hall Holiday Park.
We are looking for someone who is 21 years or older, enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. They must be professional, have strong communication skills and have a positive and personal demeanour. A smart appearance is essential with some items of uniform provided.
The applicant must have their own method of transport as public transport is unavailable.
In addition to the above salary, the following benefits are provided:
- Death in service life assurance benefit of 2 x annual salary.*
- Enhanced employer pension contribution of 6% provided at least matched by employee.*
- Company sick pay* - entitlement increases with length of service to a maximum of 3 months full pay, plus 3 months half pay for those with 24 months of service.
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Employee wellbeing programme (in development).
- Pool car for business travel or business mileage paid at 45p per mile.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per 5 years.
*Upon completion of a 3-month probationary period.
We also provide the following staff discounts:
- Free travel for immediate family on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and Ullswater 'Steamers'.
- Staff discounts in retail and café outlets.
- Discounted accommodation rates across the group including a friends and family rate.
About Clea Hall Holiday Park and Lake District Estates
Nestled in the picturesque, peaceful Cumbrian countryside, just one mile outside the Lake District National Park, Clea Hall boasts far-reaching scenery and walking routes including some Wainwright classics. Close to Caldbeck village and Wigton town.
Lake District Estates is a dynamic and growing family-owned company incorporating several businesses, operating private holiday home ownership, self-catering holidays, residential and commercial lettings, retail outlets and heritage visitor attractions. The company's head office on Maude Street in Kendal provides support to the wider business, accommodating senior management, finance, marketing, human resources and property teams.