Ullswater Steamers – Pooley Bridge Shop & Tourist Information
- Business: Ullswater Steamers – Pooley Bridge Shop & Tourist Information
- Location: Pooley Bridge, Penrith
- Terms: Fixed Term to 30 September 2021
- Hours: Up to 12 hpw on a flexible rota to include some weekend and public holiday working. There may be the opportunity for additional hours on occasions.
- Pay: £8.91 per hour
- Applications: Applications should be made by submitting your CV and covering letter to our People & Support Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the vacancy may be closed once sufficient applications are received, therefore we recommend your application is submitted early.
About the Job
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join our small, passionate team at our Ullswater Steamers' shop at Pooley Bridge.
As the shop also provides a tourist information point, it is essential that you are passionate about the local community and the Lake District.
We are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and our team need to develop an excellent understanding of our product ranges, including exciting local produce and ensure that the shop is always presented to a high standard.
You will be expected to actively engage with all customers and visitors, offering help and advice with their purchase or enquiry.
To be successful you will need:
- The ability to offer great customer service
- To be able to work as part of the team or on your own
- To have a natural flair for merchandising
- To be experienced in handing cash transactions and using a Epos System
- To enjoy hitting and exceeding sales targets
- To be responsible for opening and closing the shop – including being a key holder
- A love of the Lake district and excellent knowledge of the local area and the ability to talk enthusiastically with visitors about what the Lake District has to offer including promoting our own Ullswater 'Steamers'.
We place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our team members and customers. Our health and safety measures are constantly monitored to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 in line with Government guidance.